Wednesday 31 October 2012

Comparison, thou art a pain in my behind.


I suppose everyone has compared themselves or something they own at one point or another. If you haven't, you're a saint or a millionaire. Or you have nothing to compare, which is sadder still. But when I thought about it, it makes sense. If we don't have something and we compare our situation to someone else who has it, we only make ourselves feel worse. I guess we just have to adapt and make the most of it.

Single? Enjoy your freedom. Mingle. Laugh. Love who you want. Flirt if you feel like it. In a relationship? Love your partner. Appreciate every kiss and hug. Cuddle when you can. Find comfort in each other and grow stronger. Either way, you can make the best out of it. I have been waiting for something that subconsciously I knew would never happen again and it stressed me out to the point that I cried even when sleeping. After receiving some news about the said 'something', I went numb. Then I felt happy. Happier than I've ever been in ages. No expectations. No more waiting. It was CERTAIN. Decided. Done with and over. I could, at last, move on and not compare my story to others who've had their happy ever after.

I didn't manage to enter uni as early as the rest of my college mates and at first I was really unhappy about it. But then I realized, I had more time to spend where I was and with my family here. So the conclusion is, I'll try to see the brighter side of things, no matter what happens. I've been through hell. I know it's going  to be ok someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment