Wednesday 31 October 2012

Prologue

ex·cerpt 
A passage or segment taken from a longer work, such as a literary or musical composition, a document, or a film.
1. To select or use (a passage or segment from a longer work).
2. To select or use material from (a longer work).
-meaning taken from The Free Dictionary-
 
I find it rather fitting that the name of my first ever blog (yes I'm a novice/amateur at this, can you tell?) should be Excerpts of a Wandering Mind. Now before you start thinking I'm a raving lunatic due to the 'Wandering Mind' part of the name, I'll explain. I'm an avid daydreamer and I love to write. Unfortunately, most of the time my mind is wandering where it will and I end up with dozens of brilliant but fragmented ideas, jumbled chaotic mess of words and stories fighting to make their way onto paper. Hence the wandering mind part.

This is not a blog that will be filled with fancy pictures of food/makeup/pictures of a dolled up me or travels. This is my domain. This is the inside of my mind. Perhaps once in a while you'll find a post on anime or cats or a mad, rage-filled rant even. I will seem more than a little off my rocker sometimes when my moods are on a rollercoaster bigger than the ones in Disneyland. Don't expect anything too sparkly or girly because that's just not who I am.

Now on to introductions. Call me Rei. Or Ray. Whichever works. I value my privacy but still want to own a blog to scribble and rant on, hence the pseudonym. I love cats, poetry, crafting and dreaming. I'm on the verge of the end of birthdays starting with 1 and I can't wait to start all over again as an adult. I'm an only child and I enjoy it. I have a tendency of being random and not finishing what I started so fingers crossed I'll stick with this blog to the end. I'm fiercely loyal to the ones I love and I will fight for what I want. If I'm not too lazy. I love the rain except for when it leaks through the ceiling and onto my precious laptop. I'm unpredictable, moody and restless. 

That's all I can squeeze out of my exhausted brain for now and I will try to post as often as possible. And so I shall end with a little excerpt as a 'welcome to my blog' umm...present? Not quite the word I was looking for but it'll do. 

The darkness closed in about her in a silent, soft-feathered embrace and she willingly sank into it. No noise, no lights. No colours to blind her or sounds to deafen her. Just a vast emptiness. She felt safe and strangely warm. She felt at home in the solitude of her mind. Her physical body was a mere shell for this one impenetrable fortress built of dreams and thoughts. Beyond the body that shackled her, she never felt the tears or the cries of the people around her as she slipped deeper and deeper into herself. Never to return again.~Rei Shiori


No comments:

Post a Comment