Thursday 14 March 2013

Choice...

I would've shattered mountains to reach you.

The unspoken vow glimmered in the faint light that reflected off his eyes. I watched the darkening horizon, eyes as stormy as the skies in the distance. the air smelt different.
Sharper.
The smell of smoke and the faint flowery muskiness that clung to his clothes enveloped me and I sighed despite myself. His arms were warm. Far warmer than the too-large sweater I had hastily pulled on to venture out and watch the sunset.
How could I have doubted how much he cared? I had been convinced time and time again, the little gestures, the quiet touches and goodbye kisses that did not overwhelm me as past lovers once did. But still...the doubt had not yet faded.
Who do you choose? The one who loves you or the one you love? Blessed the ones for whom both were one and the same.
I shivered beneath his touch as he steered me away from the edge of the precipice. The choice remained unspoken beneath the clouds that threatened to douse the light of the stars.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment