Monday 15 July 2013

June and July from my little fishbowl view

June and July have been pretty good to me in almost every way. So here's a list of the wonderful things that have been going on in my hectic life for these 2 short months (July isn't really over yet, I know). Might be boring, but hey:

It's my blog and I can post if I want to,
Post if I want to, post if I want to,
You would post to if it happened to you.
~sung to the tune of Lesley Gore's "It's my party"
So let's start off with all the events and things I have to be thankful for. Drumroll please.....
  • I've met new friends and gotten to know new (Ok, maybe not so new) neighbours.
  •  
  • Went out for many hang out sessions with old buddies.

  • Shopped to my heart's content and gotten everything at a lower price than usual (Yay for sales and thrift shops!) and managed to get some of the things that have been on my wardrobe basics list for ages. (cat shirts, garnet cardigan, vintage long skirts in denim and some flowy material I have yet to figure out but love to bits, pale lemon yellow skorts, a midnight blue short skirt that reminds me of anime Japanese uniforms, Cotton On faux snakeskin belt and a neon orange belt, tie-front summer blouses in 4 colours, a new black and faux leather backpack, denim vest, birdie earrings in black and white, some other pieces of random jewellery, coloured faux hair clip on thingies in garnet and amethyst)

  • Received a parcel from a dear friend (Still don't have the heart to use them, they're so pretty) who bonded over writing and this very blog I'm posting in. There was a bunch of goodies inside (awesome vintage notebook, bookmarks, bookworm loves) but the best part about the whole thing was actually the letter, which although short, is very very much appreciated.

  • Finished all my midterm exams and managed to get a wee bit of rest.
  •  
  • Also managed to spend some time with my love although that was really limited considering we have such a horribly heavy workload, but hey, I'm not complaining. Time together is time together, every second still counts.

Unfortunately, June and July have had their fair share of sad events.

  • One of which being my dear, trusty old handphone being lost on the 24th of June.
  •  
  • Secondly, a dear pair of (Yeah, it's dear because of who bought it for me *Hi, Mummy!* and the price) socks that went missing in the laundry and never resurfaced (so far, fingers crossed it will) yet.
  •  
  • Third would probably be my fridge going MIA on me. Don't ask, I'm still pissed about the whole issue and the idiots who caused it.

It's been good in June so here's to an even better July! Cheers!
Hope everyone is doing great. Feel free to drop a comment if anyone wants to share any good news (or bad, it's good to let it all out sometimes).


No comments:

Post a Comment