Friday 11 September 2015

Missing you



I’m supposed to be studying right now. But somehow it feels a little off without you here with me. I don’t want to sound clingy, really. Even then, I’ll say this at the risk of sounding like a very obsessed girlfriend, I’m pretty sure I’ve never missed someone to the point of feeling lost without them. I can function fine. I can actually study. Just not now. Not when I’m feeling the absence of you so acutely that it makes my rib cage feel so hollow. Which I will be feeling more of in the coming months. I know well enough when I jumped into this. With everyone telling me I’d be facing weeks on end of not being able to see you or touch you. I can hear your voice. But it really isn’t the same. Nothing’s the same without you. And that’s ok. I still know you’re there. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment