Tuesday 8 September 2015

Watch

The first time you mentioned it, I hesitated. I'd never heard of a couple showing that they were a couple by the watches they wear. And to be honest I thought to myself rather amused, well, there goes the practical side of him again. Then I realized that every time I looked for the time, there you were.

For every minute I was away from you, I was aware, more than ever. It felt more intimate than a pair of rings which although symbolic and pretty, was really not something I'd wear constantly (thank you, OCD =.=). It was a practical gift but it was also one of the most thoughtful ones I've received. You knew I'd always have trouble remembering the time and keeping track of it.

Next to you, my responsible side pales in comparison and my thoughts seem more flighty. You were always the dependable one. You still are. And how I love you for that.

That practical side of you, as much as it sometimes exasperates me is something I'd never want you to change. Yes, it makes you seem occasionally rather insensitive and even thoughtless, especially since your practicality extends to your words (shorter is not always better). But I realized, that's just you looking out for the both of us (sometimes more you than me though XD ) because my head isn't always all there. I'm glad you're the one who's more logical. Because I'd only get stressed trying to be the logical one when I'm the one that's insanely spontaneous and makes you want to go crazy with my sudden plans and moods. Let me be the one to teach you how to let go. You don't always have to be so perfect.

I want to be the one place you can come home to and relax. I want to be that button that makes all those tabs go away, even if just for a while. You don't always have to be the stronger one. That's what I was meant to be for you. Be strong everywhere else out there in that big world. But be you when you're with me. I just want you to know, no matter how pissy I am, you come first. And if you're hurt or sad or just plain frustrated, come back to me. I'll try to make everything better again to the best of my ability. I'm not much, but I'm here for you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment