Wednesday 22 May 2013

Long gone

The silence drives me mad,
Mornings find me,
Sitting on the edge of the bed,
Rocking back and forth,
Back and forth,
Back and forth,
Back and forth,
Hands clamped over my head,
As the cracking silence,
Kills me slowly,
Eyes that see but don't believe,
Promises once were everything,
But now the words are dead,
Hollow things,
Like the husks of beings,
Whose souls have long fled,
Tears don't come,
I have nothing left to shed,
It's a scorching desert inside instead,
What will you find within,
These eyes that for love have sinned,
The empty hollows,
That go beyond flesh and blood and bone,
You can't touch me now,
I am made of stone,
Nights find me selling myself,
If only to feel the warmth,
For a little while,
And to hear the echoes of love,
In their fading tones,
Because even if you wrap your arms around me,
You'll find that I am not here,
I was long gone.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment