Friday 29 November 2013

Maybe I never took my mask off

Sometimes it's all perfect, but still there's this niggling feeling inside. Something still pricking in your heart. Or maybe it's just the leftover paranoia he left in you, the remnants you never could get out no matter how much love your current beau.

How could one memory destroy so much of you?

How can one single mortal mistake erase your trust so fast that right now, at this very moment, you still feel alone.

Out of all the feelings in the world, why this one?

Why tonight of all nights? When he can't be by your side, when it's quiet outside, and you just want to cry.

Why do you feel the tears coming?

I don't know.
I can't answer that.
Maybe the walls you built in me a long time ago are breaking.
Maybe I feel again.
Or maybe the separation from loneliness I had was all just pretend.
Maybe I never took my mask off.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment