Sunday 3 February 2013

Earth Heart - Finale

Earth Heart
When I got back to the room, Leo was sitting up, the machinery was dead. He’d pulled out most of the tubes and wires and looked almost back to normal. Except…”Leo,” I began. He drew his hand out from behind his back and there in the middle of his palm, lay the purple flower with its red and black heart. This time, the tears in my eyes were of joy. He hugged me close, the delicate scent of the flower filled my senses and wafted around the room. “Earth heart. We can bring it back together, we can recreate paradise again.” I didn't know if I laughed or cried, but at last I was at peace. I could put it all behind me and know that with Leo, it was going to be alright. We could do it together.

Goodbye papa, it’s hard to die, when all the birds are singing in the sky, pretty flowers everywhere....

~Rei Shiori 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment