Saturday 16 February 2013

They'll understand

And so the adventure begins, We’re running along a highway,
Neon signs and alerts flashing in our heads,
The sirens wailing,
Drowns out our promises to love till death,
I still see the red lights flashing,
When I’m in your arms,
It’s late at night,
But the voices are crashing,
Burning a hole in the memories,
Of our nights singing songs to close the distance,
I’m still running and running,
Not knowing for how long,
What time it is or how we got here,
Just crash and burn,
The emotions tainted in fear,
By morning I’m screaming,
And you hold my hand,
Telling me its ok,
They’ll eventually understand,
The tears fall like acid,
Eating away at us,
And I’m still falling as you whisper to me,
That it’s in our love that you’ll trust.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment