Saturday 29 December 2012

Unexpected Guest

Greetings, patrons of Excerpts of a Wondering Mind. As the title suggests, I'm not Rei Shiori but a friend of hers who is a fan of her writing. So, naturally when she offered me a chance to post on her blog, I couldn't decline. Let's start with my name shall we? I won't reveal my true name, so I'll stick with my alias, Selene Night. I'm suppose to talk a little about myself i guess. At least that's what Rei told me when she extended the invitation which doesn't go well with my plan to remain an enigma to others. Oh well. I know that Rei is a huge cat fan but I'm in love with dogs and wolves but both of us equally love all things Japan especially anime. English isn't my first language or my mother tongue but it's the language that I have the most confident in compared to the other languages echoed around me. I grew up in a rather small town but I'm currently in a big city for my studies. Gonna be here till I graduate which looks like a long and bumpy road complete with unexpected potholes. which is why being a guest blogger can help with relieving stress from staring at books the whole day. I've always had ideas in my head that would make interesting stories but never had the aspiration or time to put them into words till I met Rei almost two years ago. She was the one who helped me weave my dreams into words even if she doesn't know it (Arigatou Rei-chan). Growing up, all my friends we interested in stuff like clothes,crushes, and idols who shone like stars on the stage. Where was I? Most probably sitting somewhere getting lost in whatever book I dragged my parents to the bookstore to get. People could talk to me and I would be so engrossed in my book a didn't hear a word they said till they placed their palm between my field of vision and the page. To me heaven is to curl up with a good book on a rainy day with cup of chamomile tea and let the day pass by. Recently I had a story in the process of writing but sadly with my studies and assignments, continung where I left off is a privilage I have lost. On the bright side, I did manage to come up with short poem or whatever you wanna call it to quench the thirst for writing. Looks like I have to end things here. Hope I didn't bore all you readers with this seemingly empty post. For some reason whatever I've written so far seems more jolly than I originally intended. Or is it all just in my mind? LOL

so here's a little glimpse into my psyche and one of my favourite pieces in my little collection. Till we meet again~

UNDER THE MOON
With a moon so full and bright,
Reminds me of the serenity that accompanies the Lunar Light,
Even if I'm standing here alone,
With no one but the Silence of the Night,
To comfort my Weary Soul,
All I have to do is look at the Orb that Waxes and Wanes,
And our memory will Reign again.
~Selene Night

No comments:

Post a Comment