Tuesday 11 December 2012

Walking bin of confusion

Today was a productive day. Had my bestie, Musica and her sister over at my place to finish up some props for her upcoming birthday bash and had KFC for the first time in a long long time. Overall, a fun and (a little) crazy day. Despite the mess and the occasional "Oops, I think it's wrong/it doesn't look right" moment, everything went well. We now have a few awesome props to use. So, it deserves a yay!

I wore my fox necklace for the first time today and it feels like I was wearing air. Didn't poke me at all either considering the length of it was longer than the other pendants I normally wear. I think I'm in love with this new piece of jewellery....hehe.

Went to a few stationery shops and the things that one can actually find in them are amazing. It's like a mini treasure hunt in there. There were cute bear shaped mugs with bear ears on the lid, little sneakers and football boots keychains, pretty pretty paper and all sorts of craft things. Got myself a luggage tag in vermillion that says 'not your bag!' on the front to go with my Bodyglove back pack that has orange zips. Yes I'm a freak when it comes to colour coordinating things. Everything must match. Down to the metal pieces on my bag and shoes (silver and gold together=NEVER). I'm fussy that way.

Somehow feeling slightly sad. Maybe it's because I know I'm not going to be home all the time for much longer. It'll be my first time out in the big bad world all on my own. Literally, since where I'm going, I only know three people out of which I only know one of them close enough to talk to without dying of embarrassment. Sad also because I let go of some people that I have cared very much about this year, knowing that they will never come back into my life of their own accord. Sad because I know things will never be this way again. It's never going to be the same. I just pray it'll get better so I can let go of everything with a happier heart.

I'm grateful for all the little things though. The sometimes crazy, funny talks I have with my close friends. The long and sometimes not-very-productive but fun shopping trips with my girl friends. The downright unladylike talks I have with my guy friends. The late nights and late mornings. The lazing around and making beautiful things from my craft stash. Nibbling when I want to and not having to worry about getting my own food. Playing with my frisky dog and his tatty collection of socks. Dreaming. Writing. Enjoying my time.

A little happy and a little sad. I'm a walking bin of confusion.

P.S. Thank you to Musica who left me a small gift, cat themed sticky memo papers! I love'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment