Monday 28 January 2013

Earth Heart - Part 10


Earth Heart
Computers. Floor to ceiling full of computers. The ceilings seemed so high, so far away, like the sky. It made my head spin to see so many of them all at once; the flickering lights from each screen danced and made shadows across each other. The room was filled with the eerie hum of computers. I glided forward smoothly into the room. How could I find a switch, just one tiny switch here in a room filled with computers? The door whirred shut behind me, just missing my cybertrack by an inch. I wobbled, slightly thrown off balance. The seat I thought was empty spun round and I looked into green eyes that gave me another shock so like the one I received when I saw my mother’s face again. “Father.”

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment