Saturday 26 January 2013

Earth Heart - Part 5


Earth Heart
We cybertracked home in silence. I think we were both thinking the same thing. To report our findings to the cybercity authorities or not. They just might destroy whatever natural beauty we had left merely for the sake of power or status. Or they might help this planet, our planet now, become as green as our long destroyed homeland. Earth. I missed our home and from his face, I could see that Leo felt the same way. I still clung to his arm but I managed to work a hand free from our tangled limbs. “Promise me…” my voice was hoarse after exposure to the wind from the Wilderness. I tried again “Promise me that you won’t tell them, the authorities, about this please you’ve...” and that was as far as I got. His finger pressed softly against my dry lips as he leaned near my ear and whispered so that only I could hear and not the other cybertrackers around. “Cross my heart, Alexa. You didn’t think I’d bring you here just to see this beauty destroyed?” I shook my head, my lips tingling where his finger rested. “Let’s get back. Light’s fading.” He remarked as he straightened up. The silver boards hummed beneath our feet.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment