Saturday 19 January 2013

The girl he left behind

The world's in shades of black, white, grey,
I can't tell if the scarlet flowers are blooming,
Never saw the rainbows again since you went away,
When are you coming back for me?
You promised before you kissed me,
That someday you'd come home to stay,
No more wandering to find your way,
In this big, wide world,
You already know my heart's always open for you,
Never mind if it's December or May,
My bright, shining kaleidoscope,
Only through your eyes,
I can see the world as it is again,
Even looking through the stained glass windows,
It isn't the same,
I can't listen to the radio without hearing your name,
I know the city lights are bright where you are,
But you'll always, always be my only shining star,
I know the girls there,
They'll scream for you as you play,
But remember me, love,
Even if I'm sitting here,
Silently waiting for you day after day.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment