Sunday 27 January 2013

Earth Heart - Part 7


Earth Heart
I awoke to an unfamiliar ceiling feeling totally disorientated and numb…almost as if I had been placed in the white tank again. My eyes widened in terror at the thought and I began struggled but to no avail. Something was clamping my arms to my sides. Panting heavily, I twisted and writhed. I was strapped to a metal slab, like an operating table. The cuffs around my wrists clinked as I tried to move them. Something caught my eye. A brown angular hand hung limply over the side of a table next to the one I was strapped on. I wanted to scream when a hand clamped over my mouth and twisted my head upwards. A cold face, all sharp lines and angles, stared at me, turning my head this way and that as if surveying an unknown creature. I whimpered at this strange woman. What if they had hurt Leo? Where were we? What were they going to do to me?! “This one’s a real one, Lucius.” a mild voice said. I turned towards the sound and a familiar face greeted my eyes. “Mama?” I whispered. The all too familiar face with its shock of dark wavy hair smiled at me. “Hello, sweetie.”

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment