Saturday 19 January 2013

Till you went back to Paradise

Inevitably,
We have bonded,
Over time,
And tears,
Stories of our myriad,
And bitter fears,
Despite the way,
I told you,
I could never trust again,
You held my hand,
And your smile told me,
That again was just a word,
Someday it would be alright,
And I would love,
For a moment,
I thought I saw the sadness in your eyes,
I dismissed it as illusions of the light,
I couldn't have been more right,
About the tears you held back,
That night,
How could I know you loved me?
When you never said a word,
But I should have,
Felt it when you hold me,
And the way you cried,
When I cut myself,
Bled my hurt dry,
Watching you with tears streaming down your face,
As you bound up,
These torn wrists,
Tried to mend this broken heart,
That had never had a place,
To belong to,
You eyes never left mine,
Not even when I drifted into space,
Where all my mistakes were erased,
I should have seen it,
When you said you loved me jokingly,
I should've seen the truth of it,
So blinded by my past,
And the lies that clouded my trust,
I couldn't see the sun before my eyes,
Till you went back to Paradise.

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment