Monday 28 January 2013

Earth Heart - Part 9


Earth Heart
The metal doors yielded to my touch. In my head, Leo was still talking, telling me where to turn and where there were guards, but his signals were getting weaker now…I was running out of time. I passed room after room of other teenagers like us, all strapped to tables, all being drained. It only made me skim along the corridors faster. I imagined myself to be a cheetah, they ran fast, Leo told me. Or maybe a dragonfly across water. Yes, the thought made me smile a grim smile, but a smile nonetheless. A black dragonfly. The last door loomed before me, it was too easy. My sixth sense was tingling, telling there was a trap. I hefted the gun in my hands higher and pushed through the last door. 

~Rei Shiori

No comments:

Post a Comment