Wednesday 2 January 2013

Scarlet thread


These feet are wandering,
Where the scarlet thread sways,
Along busy roads,
And narrow streets,
Even the lonely darkness,
Of unlit highways,
Why haven't I seen you yet?
Peering into every shadowed face I meet,
Trudging on when it isn't you I see,
Why keep me in suspense?
Why subject me to this misery?
Are you traveling just like me,
Treading the paths I've gone,
In and out of cities and towns,
Holding on to this scarlet mystery,
That's unraveling even as we,
Stare at the same moonlit sky,
The same stars that blaze,
Across the place where,
We'll meet someday.

~Rei Shiori 
One of the Chinese legends that has fascinated me has been about the red string of fate. The topic never gets old and so many years after I first read about it, it still gives me that little imagination boost. All the pictures are taken from Tumblr or Google Images, I claim no rights to them whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment