Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bedroom talk

I've never actually slept on my own till I was almost in high school. Never really liked being alone (see, my phobia of being abandoned has been with me for a loooonnnngggg time) and I wanted the night light.

I sleep alone now, in my own cosy, comfy space and minus the night light. I see better in the dark and I'm not afraid anymore. Of the dark that is. I still have issues with being abandoned or alone.

Having my own bedroom therefore made me think about how I wanted it decorated. At the moment it is pretty much a mess again, but I intend to spruce it up a bit with some photo frames and cutesy stuff over this holiday.

That's where this awesome blog comes in. I've always been in love with Japan and everything pertaining to Japan on a whole and my love for cats existed when I had a few dozen running around in my house when I was in kindergarten. So I discovered a combination of both of my favourite things in this blog called nekoblog. It's a lovely blog with lots of pictures and unlike other blogs which I've seen, the owner of this blog doesn't try to be over the top cutesy or imitate other people's blogs. She's just herself, no pretenses whatsoever and in my books, that's an awesome trait.

Now, back to the bedroom topic. I discovered by chance that nekoblog has a topic on bedrooms where she posted the most drool-worthy bedroom ideas I've seen. Of course, if you're not into a little clutter or dreamy, vintage looking bedrooms, I suggest you don't look through it because that's exactly what she posted, beautifully dreamy bedrooms that would make my mother scream that it's a mess. Here's the link to the post nekoblog : Shake Dreams from your Hair. Go take a look. You won't regret it =^.^=

Here's a few more sweet bedroom ideas from Pinterest. I always hop over there to get inspiration.
I adore the way they used colours but still didn't make everything look like a psychedelic mess.

I have a thing for swings and quilted things. *shrugs*

Probably the only bedroom idea my mother would approve of. No clutter.

Lace. I'm infatuated. Need I say more?

Exotic, bohemian and vintage. What more could I ask for?

Pastels. I love'em.

Lights. Lots of fairy lights. And ruffles. I'm in love.

Ornate gilded things on white. Vintage and classy.

The ultimate book-lover's room.

Kind of sweet. But I think there's a Chinese superstition about sleeping under the pointed parts of the roof.

Linen and all things shabby chic. This reminds me of the zakka stuff I love so much.

Dreamy, gauzy, and helluva pain in the neck when it's time to clean but beautiful nonetheless.


Ok that's all about bedrooms. I shall snuggle up in my own soon enough =^.^=

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rei~(=^‥^)/ I'm very happy that you liked the bedroom post! ..and my blog in general! Feel free to take all the images you like :) Of all the bedroom pics you showd I like the second to last the best! Even if I don't do it anymore I love sleeping on the ground. Looking forward to reading more of you~have a nice evening ☆彡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sleeping on the ground too! I still do in fact =^.^= Thank you for stopping by to say hi! Arigato, Neko-san.

      Delete